They were such a rage back in school and I still have my copy back home tucked away in the corner of a shelf just like all my school memories. Sometimes in the process of cleaning up (which happens like twice a day with people like my mum around), I have stumbled upon it and it brings a huge smile on my face. Turning through the pages makes me feel nostalgic and stupid at the same time because some of the things that were written in there are so unrealistic and naive. That was a time when some of my classmates believed they could be IPS officers after watching an over the top cop drama, some had even decided on their specialities once they became a doctor, some just wanted to be a good human being and some like me wanted to be rich and famous (that’s what I wrote in one such slam book and several others).
Here are a few things that I came across in my slam book and that of my cousin when we were in our respective schools.
Idea of a perfect date :
1. The day I was born ( I am not kidding , someone actually wrote this )
2. To go out with Pawan Kalyan ( a guy wrote this and I am not being judgemental)
3. Having dinner on a shore with moonlit sky with soft music playing in the background ( and this guy did not even have the courage to go and tell the girl he liked that he liked her . Also how clichéd and yet great!)
Most embrassing moment:
1. The day I was born ( whatever that means 🙂 )
2. Yet to come ( heehee this one makes me laugh every time because this person is so optimistic)
3. The time when I flunked an exam in 3rd standard – the flunking was not bad but 3rd standard 😛 (one of the most honest admissions)
1. Temple (this poor classmate of my brother thought outfit meant outdoor location)
2. Lungi (no comments)
3. School uniform ( isn’t that so true, I miss my school uniform so much)
4. Decent clothes ( this one takes the cake)
There are so many more but the thought behind those words cannot be conveyed by a post. I miss my school days. Damn slams books !!!
PS1: Finished watching 24 and its an awesome show
PS2: Roger Federer wins his 13th grand slam. Yipeee!