Odd timings and odder sleeping patterns have made it impossible for me to watch a movie at a stretch – any other way is just not fine for me. So, I have found solace in the company of TV shows and have ended up watching quite a few over the past year. Here is a list of TV shows you could check out
1. Mad Men – I downloaded the series after hearing rave reviews about it. The hype surrounding it is 100% justified. Its the only English drama series I have followed with keen interest (other than One Tree Hill). Great acting and consistently well written story lines. If you are looking for something fluffy like HIMYM or just time-pass rib ticklers like TBBT, then give this one a miss. Its a proper serious drama.
2. Glee – My most favorite show on this list. It took a couple of episodes for me to get used to all the singing, but the concept is so unique that its success is quite surprising as well. Quirky characters and mind blowing dialogues. Sue Sylvester has to be the most kick ass character on television right now. If you enjoy sarcastic humor and/or high school shows, this is the show for you. If musicals are not your cup of tea, just fast forward through the songs but do not miss this show. If you do, you are inviting Sue’s wrath!
3. Modern Family – Only just started watching this show recently, but am a huge fan already. Its shot in a mockumentary fashion. If you are ‘The Office’ fan, then you will thoroughly enjoy the way in which the show is presented. In my opinion, it has the best ensemble cast. What is great though is that it does not just stop at being a show that looks into a ‘modern family’ and its dysfunctional behavior. There is a very sweet and subtle message at the end of each show which is delivered in a fashion that is as tongue-in-cheek as possible.
4. So you think you can dance – A lot of people must have seen a few episodes here and there or stumbled upon a youtube video from the show. I would recommend following an entire season as it gives you the chance to follow a dancer’s journey. If you are a dancer or like dance, that should not be a problem. Some times, the shows can get a little boring but, one standout piece is more than enough to make up for it. Amazing choreographers and dancers.
5. Project Runway – The latest season ended a while back but I am impatiently waiting for the next one. The best reality show on television. I know designers competing for an opportunity to showcase their lines does not sound too interesting. After all how entertaining can it be to watch dresses. Very entertaining! The process of getting a dress made in a stipulated amount of time and budget makes for nice viewing and a runway show can never be boring. If you are a girl, here’s a shout out to watch it. If you’re a guy but still into fashion, then you will definitely enjoy it more than you think because there is usually no undue drama. Plus, there are models!
Have fun watching the shows. Am desperately waiting for GG to start again. Its really bad but its my guilty pleasure!!