2010 was the year that went by real fast. Atleast for me. I cannot really explain why, but it was a year that had too much unecessary stuff going on and very little of it was memorable. It was a year marked by scams, corruptions, unpredictable weather, fasts and scams. Wait, that line just described what happens in India almost every year. But, cynicism aside, we did host a pretty good Commonwealth games and our sportsmen have made the country proud across events. On a personal note, this year had more lows for me than highs but, the silver lining is that it can only get better. 2011 is so going to be my year :). But, I digress.
Let’s do a roundup of the more important things that happened this year. Here are my lists.
Best movies of 2010
Toy Story 3
The Social Network
The Kids Are All Right
(Have not seen Black Swan and Rabbit Hole yet!)
Band Baaja Baarat
Phas Gaye Re Obama
Feel Good Movie(s) Of The Year – Band Baaja Baarat and Going The Distance
Best songs of 2010
Runaway – Kanye West
Not Afraid – Eminem
Only Girl – Rihanna
Just The Way You Are – Bruno Mars
Airplanes – B.O.B ft Hayley Williams
Firework – Katy Perry
Telephone – Lady Gaga ft Beyonce
Tik Tok – Kesha
Love The Way You Lie – Eminem ft Rihanna
Soundtrack of Aisha
Soundtrack of Anjaana Anjaani
Soundtrack of Karthik callin Karthik
Aivayi Aivayi from Band Baaja Baarat
Dil Toh Bacha Hai Ji from Ishqiya
1. The commonwealth games mess
2. Watching Rakhi Sawant dole out justice on national television
3. Jagan Reddy being himself (he is officially my least favourite person)
4. Watching A Raja shrug off nonchalantly at the mention of the 2G scam.
5. Lalit Modi-Tharoor controversy
6. Liverpool owners saga
7. Watching Dolly Bindra on television (it should be introduced as a means of torture in prisons around the world)
1. Saina Nehwal’s continued brilliant performances
2. India winnings its first track gold at CWG
3. Sachin’s brilliant 200 and all his million other achievements
4. England kicking Aussie butt in Ashes (seriously, its therapeutic)
5. The CWG opening ceremony
6. Dolly Bindra kicked off Big Boss (a momentary yayy because she was brought back again )
Things I do not want to see in 2011
1. A blingy Shilpa, a jumpy Priety and Lalit Modi in any mood or suit in the IPL.
2. Corrupt politicians – I know I am being unreasonable, but if I hear the phrase multicrore scam again, my little faith in democracy will also cease to exist.
3. Headlines Today channel. Its of as much use as a bag of dog poop. Now that I think again, its not even worth that much.
4. Scorching heat followed by incessant rains followed by unexcpected chills. I am one of the few who does not get excited by unseasonal showers. I like my weather to be disciplined :P.
Things I would like to see in 2011
1. Better traffic sense in Hyderabad.
2. Better movies in Telugu
3. India winning the World Cup
4. More matches between Federer and Nadal
5. A more proactive AP chief minister
Here’s wishing everyone a very happy New Year. Shake a leg, drink a keg and well, do not do anything stupid :).