I am not the complaining type. Ok, maybe a little. I attribute this to two things. One, I (like to) give my unsolicited opinion on everything under the cloudy polluted skies. Two, I really genuinely am passionate about some things. These two qualities coupled together make for quite a complaining five foot five human. For the record, I am 5’5 and not 5’4 1/2 or 5’4 3/4. So, when I see no footpaths and blatant disregard for traffic rules, I complain. A lot. Because, that’s the only thing I can do. And no, I do not want people to tell me to ‘stop complaining and do something’ or ‘go on a hunger strike’. My food is sacred to me. I will never ditch it for anything. Here are few of the things that really tick me off
1. People throwing garbage near the garbage can. You know the people who make the effort to go till the can but will throw the garbage just near it, not in it.
2. People driving in the opposite direction to traffic and then getting mad at you for not giving them space. Dude, from where will you get space. I don’t have a freaking inch to walk on the road and you want space.
3. Crying/noisy kids at the movies. They are kids, so there isn’t much you can do about them or their crying. Parents who bring kids to movies should be responsible for their behavior and should not sit back and watch the movie while their offspring is pulling your hair or kicking at the back of your seat. Also, an apologetic smile when you look at them is not enough.
4. The misuse of the words beside and besides. I find their exchange funny sometimes but I cannot stop myself from correcting the person committing the folly.
5. People with fake accents. Gosh, I hate them. Both the accents and the people. It’s high time people realize that just going to another country for a fortnight doesn’t and cannot automatically twist their tongue to make incomprehensible noises that they think is a new cool accent.
6. Sites asking you to update your password at regular intervals. I know I should not really be complaining about this, but I have a big issue with remembering passwords. There are only a couple of passwords that I can remember. My brain space is occupied by more important information like the showtimes of TV shows etc etc. So, I have to invariably reset my password every time.
7. Over-enthusiastic people in meetings/conferences who ask questions which do not really make much sense. I know every office has their share of such characters, but there is nothing more annoying than watching people ask questions just for the sake of it.
8. Sudden rains. Especially when you are wearing one of your favorite shirts or high heels. Happens to me all the time. I carry an umbrella around but on Indian roads, walking while it is raining with an umbrella in your hand…
9. Guys singing an old Kumar Sanu-Nadeem Shravan song while you walk past them. I just don’t get it. Be more creative with your perviness!
10. Last but not the least, bad commentary. I love watching sports on television. What ruins the experience sometimes is the terrible commentators who do not have anything interesting or significant to say.
Quite an exhaustive list eh. Well, I believe your pet peeves really define you :). I take mine quite seriously.
PS: I was supposed to write a book review but for that I have to finish reading a book first. I did start reading one and am half way through it but unless there is a whole day of no electricity, I don’t think I can finish it.