Another year draws to an end. This year was like a hangover for me. I was reeling from the effects of my decisions in 2010. And just like a hangover cannot be categorized as either good or bad, this year was a mixed bag for me too. But, instead of talking about the dark cloud, I want to talk about the silver lining. So here are few of the things that I personally liked in 2011.
Best movies of 2011
2. Crazy,Stupid, Love
4. X-Men: First Class
5. The Ides Of March
6. Super 8
8. The Help
10. The Lincoln Lawyer
PS: I have not seen a lot of movies that have been creating a buzz like ‘The Descendants’,’Hugo’,’Melancholia’ and ‘The Tree Of Life’.
1. Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara
2. Shor In The City
4. Delhi Belly
5. Ladies vs Ricky Bahl
6. Stanley Ka Dabba
[It pains me that there isn’t a SRK movie on this list!!]
Best songs of 2011
1. Katy Perry’s album – Teenage Dream
2. We Found Love – Rihanna
3. Man Down – Rihanna
4. Adele’s album – 21 [by far the best album of the year]
5. Moves Like Jagger – Maroon 5 ft Christina Aguilera
6. Give Me Everything – Pitbull [best party song]
7. Judas/Edge of Glory/Born this way – Lady Gaga
8. Britney Spears album – Femme Fatale [special mention to the song How I Roll]
PS: Agreed I listen to mostly pop,r&b…it looks like the girls are rocking the music charts more than ever before.
1. Soundtrack of Rockstar
2. Ooh La La from The Dirt Picture [I cannot sing this song with a straight face :D]
3. Chammak Challo from Ra.One
4. I hate you from Delhi Belly
5. Senorita from ZNMD
Yay moments of 2011
1. India winning the cricket world cup [Nothing comes even close to matching the euphoria and frenzy generated by this moment]
2. The Indian civil society’s movement against corruption [for engaging the masses,especially the youth for an important cause…unfortunately most of us,including me are ‘drawing room ke veer’]
3. New directors and writers making a mark in hindi cinema by making different movies, movies that are not merely ego vehicles for superstars.
4. The opposition party showing some spine in the Parliament. I think we had some great debates and discussions this year in the parliament.
5. Ryan Gosling [one of the best actors of this generation, and he’s very easy on the eye :P]
There were truckloads of wtf events this year too but in light of me trying my level best to be optimistic, will leave that for now. I am sure most of you will wake up tomorrow with a hangover – that should set the tone for the new year :D. Wishing everyone a very happy 2012.